Monday, March 5, 2018

The City Lehi

Hi, this is Luke. This is my post for my Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge. This blog is about The City of Lehi, Utah - its history and other cool stuff. I love it here.


This is a picture of Lehi Roller Mills. I was always scared of this building for some reason, it's really big. (Legit don't know why.) Anyway, this place sells good pancake and brownie mix, it's what we'd buy from here sometimes. I visited this place because it's on the National Register of Historic Places. It has been open for over 100 years.


Up there is the Thanksgiving Point tower. Thanksgiving Point is such a cool and awesome place with so many things to do. Some of these things are the gardens, a golf course, the show barn (where Voicemale performs), and the Museum of Natural Curiosity. So much fun.


This is the Lehi Fire Department. This is the Fire Station right by my school. Thankfully, they've never had to come to my school, unless told to for a drill or something. Also, there's a little park right next to it that's pretty fun to play at. That park is great.


Lehi has this outdoor pool with waterslides and diving boards, lots of fun!


This is the Hutchings Museum. I came here with my Scout group, and it was pretty fun. It's a cool place to learn about history, or the Indians, or geology. I have also volunteered here. I helped with cleaning glass cases, bagging trilobytes, taking out nails, screws, and hooks that shouldn't be there, organizing and making the place look good, and cleaning out cages in the reptile room.


This is the public library. Reading is one of my mom's favorite hobbies, so she comes here a lot. It also has a book drop off slot in the back.




Last but not least, this is the Lehi Legacy Center. It has a cool indoor kiddie pool, and a lap pool. It also has basketball courts and a rock climbing wall. 10/10! So much fun to play here. Also, the huge green slide is not there just for show.

No comments:

Post a Comment